How do you make a successful Facebook Ads campaign?
Social networks are in full swing, they have grown from a communication and information channel to the ideal medium for online campaigns. Facebook went from a simple social network, allowing you to communicate and make friends anywhere in the world, to the ideal platform to sell and promote products and services online.
Campaigning on Facebook doesn't just mean uploading an image, posting a simple message and clicking the promotion button. Of course it's useful to do it this way, but if your goal is to get new customers, and your brand is recognized, you're not doing it right.
You must bear in mind that by using posts engagement you will only be promoting the existing content of your fan page, and you will only reach your audience from it. It is not exactly an advertising campaign, since you are only promoting a publication. So if you really expect your strategy to work well you must do it through the creation of campaigns in the Business Manager of Facebook to take advantage of each weight. Make sure to carefully select your audience and location.
Reading time3 minutes
Importance of Facebook Pixel
Many people are unaware of the importance of using Facebook Pixel to record important data on their web pages. Not using the Facebook Pixel, installing it on your website and using it in campaigns, will mean a great loss of money, since this code gives you the opportunity to register the visits of individuals who visit your website and use that data for the creation of remarketing campaigns and segmenting much better. Many digital marketing and e-commerce giants, such as Amazon, use it. The interesting thing about Facebook Pixel is that you will not only reach the public that has already visited or seen your content, your products, but also show your ads to interested users.
Define your campaign objective well
It is important that you consider the difference between your business goal and your Facebook Ads goal.
Pay attention to the following to understand the meaning of each objective, and what it is ideal to use it for:
- If your goal is to SELL, the goal you should select on Facebook could select web traffic or conversions;
- If your goal is to CAPTURE LEADS, your Facebook Ads goal could be lead generation, traffic or conversions, to achieve specific information from your audience;
- If your main objective is to achieve BLOG TRAFFIC, the Facebook objective you can use would either be reach, engagement, traffic or conversions.
Segmentation is important
After choosing your target, you will have to segment who you will want to show your advertising messages to.
Choose the ideal source for the type of result you want to obtain. You can select your website, your fan page, your Instagram business, even lists of leads you have generated in previous campaigns with this objective.
You can create an audience according to the interests and tastes of the people you want to reach. If your product is bicycles, make sure that the match of interests includes bicycles, mountain bikes, among others. Place the age of the audience you want to reach, select the ideal location of those you want your ad to reach (selecting an approximate radius or an exact location), the language (if it's only in English, only in Spanish, or both).
You can also add similar audiences or Lookalikes to your list. Pixel makes a scan of your main audience, so that they can find audiences that resemble your main audiences. They divide it into percentages on a scale from 1 to 5 (1% being very similar, 5% being wider off). It is a tool that allows you to find new audiences, which are related to your main target, adding new users that resemble the segmentation you have already worked with. It is ideal for expanding the boundaries of your ads.
Tips to take into account for your campaigns
- Mainly, if you want to make successful campaigns, they need to be configured through the Business Manager;
- Don't try to stretch your advertising budget. If you have little money, it is ideal to keep on video for a few days in the duration of your campaign;
- If you want to achieve good results, remember that sometimes you have to invest more than what you have planned. With 4 dollars a day you may not get the sales results you want, but in order to generate leads it may work. It is better to invest well, to have a good performance;
- Don't forget to make a good visual impression. Use good images, illustrations or quality videos. Research the ideal pixel size for each type of campaign you want to use, whether it's a static image or an audiovisual product.
- Take your time to create good headlines and make the text of your campaigns very creative.
- Create Custom Audiences in your segmentation, use interest audiences or lookalikes.
- Add calls-to-action to your ad, for example, using emojis
Back to summary